What are cookies?
A cookie is any kind of file downloaded onto a user’s web browser to store certain data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity that installed it.
Types of cookie
Depending on who installs them:
- First party cookies: These are cookies sent to the user’s browser from the server or domain managed by the publisher from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies sent to the user’s browser from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by a separate entity that treats the data obtained by means of said cookies.
Depending on the duration:
- Session cookies: A type of cookie designed to collect data while the user is accessing a website.
- Persistent cookies: A type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period, defined by the person responsible for the cookie, that can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the options or services it provides such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, memorising the items in an order, performing the order purchase process, performing application for registration or participation in an event, using security features during browsing, storing content for dissemination of videos or sound and sharing content through social networks.
- Customisation cookies: These are cookies that enable the user to access the service with certain general features predefined in the user’s terminal according to a series of criteria such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that enable the entity responsible for the same to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are connected. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform and to build browsing profiles of the users of said websites, applications and platforms in order to improve the user’s experience on the basis of analysis of the data on the use the user makes of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies that enable management, in the most efficient way possible, of any advertising space that the publisher may have included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service, on the basis of criteria such as edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that enable management, in the most efficient way possible, of any advertising space that the publisher may have included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behaviour of the users obtained through constant observation of their browsing habits, enabling the publisher to develop a specific profile on the basis of which to direct its advertising.
Cookies used on this website
- Google Analytics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=es
- YouTube: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/key-terms/#toc-terms-cookie
How to delete cookies from your browser
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
Please contact VAL SPACE CONSORTIUM on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this cookies policy.